The following post illustrates what is happening to people around the world. Appreciate what you have and be generous to participate in changing the world!
– 1.3 billion people live with less than 1 dollar per day.
– South Asia has 45% poor, 40% in Africa.
– The current consumption of an average African household is down 20% over the last twenty-five years.
– 20% of the poorest share 1.1% of global income.
– In more than half of the cities in developing countries, more than 40% of the population lives in slums.
– Nearly 12 million children die each year in the developing world from preventable diseases.
– Development aid represents only 0.19% of the GDP of the G7 countries, instead of the 0.7% target adopted by the UN.
– With 16.5% of the poor, the United States accumulate the highest world per capita income and the highest poverty rate in the industrialized countries.
– The European Union has at least 57 million poor people (11.8% of the population in France, 15% in UK…
View original post 18 more words